HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT A TREE OR PLANT?
*Please note that The Outdoor Circle does not endorse any of the arborists from the ISA link above and specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any actions or statements made by any individuals listed.*
Use these links to find a wealth of information, helplines, websites and blogs available to help you.
- Who to call for questions about trees on public property (from City and County of Honolulu)
- Identify your tree or plant (from Wildlife of Hawaii)
- Useful links to a variety topics, including invasive species, and urban and community forestry resources (State of Hawaii, Division of Forestry and Wildlife):
- Informational brochure on how and where to plant trees on your property (from Hawaii Electric Light Company):
- Useful links and information from tree care professionals in Hawaii (Aloha Arborist Association):
- For Kids! A kid's guide to the parts of a flower. Note that several of the links at this site to additional material do not work (in particular, the first four), but most do, and are very informative, fun, and engaging (from AvasFlowers.net): https://www.avasflowers.net/kids-guide-to-the-parts-of-a-flower
- Right Tree Hawaii Picker: https://www.righttreehawaii.com
- Albizia Seedling Identification PSA - Ko`olau Mountains Watershed Partnership: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJqW96rK-3I
The following sites are part of the UH College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources (CTAHR) Cooperative Extension Service (CE):
- UH Master Gardeners helplines for plant related questions for all major islands
- Oahu Master Gardeners Helpline
- Information on Trees in Hawaii
- Services provided, for example, pest identification, soil analysis
- Information on tropical plants, types of soil, rainfall, native species, invasive species
Additional tree resources for Hawaiian plants, disease prevention, maintenance and more!
- Native Plants Hawaii
- Tree Protection - Collection of Resources
- How to identify a tree species in Hawaii
Sources: Lani-Kailua Outdoor Circle, 2020